Warrior Muay Thai is a family run business proudly lead by Darren Collins who boasts a Thai Boxing career spanning over 24 years.
What is Muay Thai?
Muay Thai or Thai boxing is the cultural martial art of Thailand. The origin of Muay Thai dates back several hundred years and was essentially developed as a form of close-combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. This physical and mental discipline which includes combat on shins is known as “the art of eight limbs” because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees and shins.
Benefits of Muay Thai include:
• Increased cardiovascular Conditioning
• Leg strength
• Core Strength
• Stress relief
• Increased self confidence
Why Warrior Muay Thai?
Warrior Muay Thai is proudly owned and run by Darren Collins. With a Thai Boxing career spanning almost 20 years, Darren brings to the club a wealth of knowledge and experience including:
• 4th Dan black belt level 4 qualified – a minimum of 10 years teaching experience is required to achieve this.
• Professional fighting career including 2 WAKO Pro Regional & English titles.
• Raising a portfolio of successful fighters.
• Prestigious military Thai awards in the British Army.
Darren has a passion for Thai Boxing and firmly believes in the benefits and what you can achieve from the sport. This is reflected in the quality of teaching provided at Warrior Muay Thai.
We welcome students of all levels. From a beginner level up to advanced. Your teaching will be tailored to suit your fitness levels and help you to accomplish your goals.